According to Aparentingblog, Rosser is a small city located in the state of Texas. It is situated in the southeastern part of the state, about 35 miles northeast of Dallas. The city is bordered by Lake Ray Hubbard to the south and Fort Worth to the north. The climate in Rosser is quite mild, with average temperatures reaching around 77 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer months and dipping down to around 45 degrees during winter.
The history of Rosser dates back to the mid-1800s, when it was first established as a major trading post for settlers traveling through Texas. In 1856, Rosser was officially incorporated as a town and later became a city in 1873. Over time, Rosser has grown into an important economic hub for the region, with businesses such as manufacturing plants and retail stores setting up shop in town.
Politically, Rosser leans conservatively and has been represented by Republican candidates since its incorporation. The city also boasts its own mayor and council members who are responsible for making important decisions that affect local residents.
Economically speaking, Rosser is home to many successful businesses that provide jobs for locals and help contribute to its economic growth. Manufacturing plants produce items such as furniture and textiles while retail stores offer goods ranging from groceries to clothing. Additionally, there are numerous restaurants located throughout town which offer locals a variety of cuisine options from all over the world.
Schools in Rosser include both public and private institutions that offer students a quality education from kindergarten through high school graduation. Public schools are overseen by the local school district while private schools are independently operated but still adhere to state standards for curriculum development and other educational matters.
Finally, one of Rosser’s most famous landmarks is its historic downtown area which features buildings dating back over 100 years old as well as plenty of shops selling local wares such as antiques, art pieces, jewelry, souvenirs and more. Additionally, visitors can find many parks throughout town where they can take part in outdoor activities or simply enjoy nature’s beauty nearby Lake Ray Hubbard or any other body of water near town limits.
Population: 379. Estimated population in July 2020: 434 (+14.5% change)
Males: 182 (48.0%), Females: 197 (52.0%)
Median resident age: 34.5 years
Median household income: $38,558
Median house value: $60,800
Races in Rosser:
- White Non-Hispanic (57.0%)
- Black (32.7%)
- American Indian (5.5%)
- Hispanic (4.2%)
- Two or more races (2.4%)
- Other race (1.8%)
Ancestries: United States (23.0%), English (11.1%), Irish (11.1%), German (6.6%), Welsh (4.0%), Scotch-Irish (1.6%).
Elevation: 368 feet
Land area: 2.0 square miles
Rosser, Texas is a small town located in East Texas. It has a population of just under 1,000 people according to the 2010 census. The population is predominantly white with African Americans and Hispanics making up the minority. The median age is around 42 years old and the median household income is approximately $37,000 per year. Most of the residents are employed in either agriculture or manufacturing related industries. Education levels are high with over 75% of adults having at least some college education. The town has a small but vibrant downtown area with several restaurants, shops, and services available to the community. Rosser also has several parks and recreational areas for residents to enjoy such as hiking trails, fishing spots, and picnic areas. There are also several local churches that serve the community as well as a library for educational activities. Rosser is a tight knit community where neighbors look out for one another and help each other out when needed. Residents take pride in their town and strive to keep it clean and safe for everyone who lives there.
For population 25 years and over in Rosser
- High school or higher: 70.9%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 7.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 0.9%
- Unemployed: 5.8%
- Mean travel time to work: 37.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Rosser village
- Never married: 27.9%
- Now married: 54.4%
- Separated: 2.4%
- Widowed: 7.5%
- Divorced: 7.8%
0.5% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +11 (+3.0%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Rosser:
- PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL OF KAUFMAN (about 13 miles; KAUFMAN, TX)
- ENNIS REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 15 miles; ENNIS, TX)
- MEDICAL CENTER AT TERRELL (about 23 miles; TERRELL, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Rosser:
- DALLAS LOVE FIELD (about 38 miles; DALLAS, TX; Abbreviation: DAL)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 50 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
- FORT WORTH MEACHAM INTL (about 67 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: FTW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Rosser:
- HALL (about 16 miles; KAUFMAN, TX; Abbreviation: K00)
- ENNIS MUNI (about 18 miles; ENNIS, TX; Abbreviation: F41)
- FERRIS RED OAK MUNI (about 19 miles; FERRIS/RED OAK, TX; Abbreviation: 12T)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Rosser:
- NAVARRO COLLEGE (about 27 miles; CORSICANA, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,842)
- EASTFIELD COLLEGE (about 28 miles; MESQUITE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,457)
- SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 8,231)
- EL CENTRO COLLEGE (about 33 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,359)
- MOUNTAIN VIEW COLLEGE (about 36 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,029)
- DALLAS BAPTIST UNIVERSITY (about 36 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,496)
- RICHLAND COLLEGE (about 37 miles; DALLAS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,352)