Orlando is a city in the States where pleasure is essential. Accordingly, there are countless opportunities to spend entertaining days there during your stay.
- Enjoyment: In Orlando there are countless restaurants in almost all price ranges and with different culinary directions, so that there should be something for lovers of every cuisine. The Market on South is an insider tip among fans of vegan cuisine. The Market on South is also worth a visit for people who generally consume animal products. Church Street is also home to some of the best restaurants in town, and Church Street is the ideal spot for some of the city’s nightlife.
Tip : The largest Hard Rock Café in the world is located at the Universal CityWalk. Here you can enjoy real American food.
- Shopping: There is hardly anything in Orlando that cannot be bought. You can find just about anything here, from luxury brands like Prada or Louis Vuitton to extraordinary keepsakes like Mickey Mouse ears. Well-known shopping centers are the Mall at Millenia, Florida Mall, Pointe Orlando, Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets and the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. In the noble Mall at Millenia you will find mainly international luxury brands and many well-known stores from brands such as Apple.
The largest of the area’s shopping malls, The Florida Mall is just minutes from Orlando International Airport. There are also various shops in downtown Orlando that are well worth a visit. If you want to stroll through shops and get to know a completely different side of central Florida beyond the big shopping centers, you should definitely visit Winter Park’s Park Avenue, Thornton Park, North Orange Avenue and Kissimmee and St. Cloud with their shops. A visit to the former railway depot at Church Street Station (129 W. Church Street) should also be worthwhile for shopping enthusiasts.
- Do sports: Thanks to the warm climate, a variety of outdoor sports are possible in Orlando. Examples include sports such as water sports, golf and tennis. Players and athletes should definitely get their money’s worth here.
- Experience a basketball game: Have you always wanted to experience a real American basketball game from the NBA and really cheer the players on while they play? Then make sure to watch an Orlando Magic basketball game at the Amway Center during your stay. Such a game is a real experience!
The Amway Center is not only used by the Orlando Magic basketball players for their home games in the NBA, it is also used by the Orlando Predators. However, the Predators football team disbanded in 2016 due to financial problems, so it is currently not known when football players will return to the Amway Center. The players of the Orlando Solar Bears play their ice hockey matches in this multi-purpose arena.
- Allcitycodes: Lists of all area codes of Kentucky. Also includes state overview and counties by area code in Kentucky.
In addition, concerts, shows and events for families take place regularly in the Amway Center. In the past, basketball players’ games were held in the Amway Arena. After the construction of the Amway Center, however, the Amway Arena was largely blown up in 2012 after the building had already been closed for a few years.
- Golfing: Orlando is known as a golfer’s paradise and the city and region have numerous golf courses for passionate players. The golf courses there are world class and a lot has been done to bring the golf course and facilities for families with and without children under one roof. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, golfers are sure to have fun in Orlando.
- Relax: If you just want to relax for a day in nature with the children, you should definitely pay a visit to Lake Eola Park in the center of Orlando. Here in Lake Eola Park with the Eola Lake of the same name, you can really relax and observe many of the state’s native animal species. To the west of Lake Eola Park is the Walt Disney Amphitheater, where concerts and other events are held, so that culture shouldn’t be neglected on vacation either. The park called Loch Haven Park is also very beautiful. Loch Haven Cultural Park is located between three lakes and is home to several theaters, including the Orlando Shakespeare Theater.
- nightlife: Orlando offers a very varied nightlife with hip bars, dance clubs, pubs and much more. Many corresponding establishments that you can visit in the evening can be found on International Drive and along Restaurant Row. Other worthwhile destinations for party-goers are Universal CityWalk, Disney Springs and Downtown Orlando in general. The Universal CityWalk is known as “The Entertainment Capital of Orlando” and offers entertainment options including the popular CityWalk’s Rising Star Karaoke Club, where you can become a singer yourself and stand on stage with a background band and make music. In “Bob Marley – A Tribute to Freedom” you can enjoy cool reggae music. World famous musicians and singers perform at Hard Rock Live Orlando for entertainment. Enjoy the show!
- Bathing fun: In Orlando and the surrounding area there are numerous water parks where you can have fun in the cool water and at least temporarily escape the humid weather. Well-known water parks are Universal’s Volcano Bay, SeaWorld’s Aquatica, Disney’s Blizzard Beach and the Typhoon Lagoon in the DisneyWorld resort. The water park in Legoland also invites adults and children to have fun in the water.